Galileo Second Generation - G2G
Since 2014 Telespazio has a key role in the design of the evolution of the European Navigation System Galileo in its Second Generation as system engineering expert.
The company has held a key role in the frame of the contract EGEP ID97 overseeing the largest service of the framework, namely WO05, counting 4 people and supporting the whole ESA System Engineering team.
From 2018, as Subcontractor of Airbus Gmbh in H2020-20 WO1.01 the company provides expert System Engineering support to the whole team with a special focus on the following areas:
- System and space segment requirements engineering
- Architecture Engineering (MBSE)
- Data Dissemination
In the context of G2G, Telespazio is assisting ESA in the Phase A/B0/B1 with a major role in the analyses and definition of the system. Among all the activities performed, outstanding contributions to ESA System Engineering activities are:
- System requirements engineering at system and segments level, especially space segment, managing the DOORS database and taking care of justification and traceability from mission to segments;
- Contribution to the functional model of the system to ensure the consistency of space segment requirements;
- Definition of the system dissemination concept for all architecture, in particular for the satellites interfaces;
- Definition of the ISL concept and Space-to-Space ICD;
- Definition of the preliminary System management, monitoring and control concept;
- Analyses and definition of the preliminary G2G Authentication concept for OS-NMA and ARP;
- Expert advisor to ESA participating to reviews, supporting technical discussion towards Customers and Industrial entities.
During this service, Telespazio Belgium developed analyses tools on-purpose in Matlab/STK for communication analyses and support to mission analyses. A non-exhaustive list of tools designed on purpose by Telespazio Belgium is provided in the following:
- ISL network connectivity latency performance evaluation tool;
- Constellation visibility and contact analyses tools;
- Mission Uplink Antennas scheduling algorithm prototype;
- TT&C antennas scheduling analyses tool for supporting extended constellation constituted by satellites in nominal operations, LEOP and transfer;
- Authentication tools for theoretical assessment, in particular:
- Assessment of OS NMA user availability in AWGN and LMS channel;
- Signal detection performance through Receiver Operating Curve;
- Tracking performance assessment for different signal modulation;
- Anti Replay Protection simulator, performing signal generation and multiplexing, generation of spoofing scenario, flexible GNSS receiver enabling separate or simultaneous acquisition and tracking of open and ARP components of E1D;
- SAR MEOLUT analyses tools, including:
- Beacon Generation, Detection e Localisation;
- Tracking Plan algorithm.
- Orbit Determination (Rinex e SP3)